Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Contender, Mosley-Cotto

Well, I caught the post fight reaction on the Contender finale. I'm ashamed to say I've never really watched the show. Looks like the championship fight was a humdinger. Will definitely try to catch the replay. I'm hearing fight of the year talk.

So, big fight coming up this weekend: Shane Mosley vs. Miguel Cotto. Normally I'd shell out the PPV $ for a fight like this, but now that the baby is here, I figure I'll just wait for the replay. So what do I think of this one? I'm really excited for this one. This is a great matchup of Mosley's speed and smarts against Cotto's power and determination. Oh, and youth.

Cotto is one of those fighters who seems like he's ready to be taken to me. Judah definitely hurt him. So did Ricardo Torres. He's not a figher who's quick on his feet, and he's not a one-punch KO artist. But he keeps coming, has a great heart, and also has some pretty heavy hands. If Mosley boxes and uses his hand and foot speed, I think can win. But then every time I think those things, I remember how Vernon Forrest hurt him to the body late in their first fight and how Cotto throws some nice body shots. This one should be great. Pick? Dang, I don't know. My guess is that Mosley either chooses to stand toe to toe or maybe is forced to do so and gets worn down late in the fight. I'm rooting for the old man to pull this one off, though.

Here's a fight I'd like to see: Ricky Hatton vs. Juan Diaz. Imagine all the punches thrown in this one.

Also, I have a bad feeling about the Jones-Trinidad fight. A bad feeling for Roy Jones. Honestly, I wish he'd retire and let me remember all the brilliance instead of the fights at the end of his career.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home